1. How to apply for admission?
- Application for admission can be made through online application URL: http://ipps.usim.edu.my. The admission for postgraduate’s programme via Mixed Mode & Advanced Diploma are offered on Sept intake only. For research and coursework mode programme, application for admission is open through out the year.
2. How long does it takes for my application to be processed and how to get results of my application?
- Normally the application takes not more than 2 months because your application will be endorsed by the Faculty and Committee of Postgraduate Meeting which is held in every two months. Kindly login to http://ipps.usim.edu.my regularly to check your application status.
3. How to pay the processing fee for my application?
- Processing fee (Local MYR 60.00 and International MYR 90.00) can be made through online payment (Visa & Master Card)at http://ipps.usim.edu.my or by cash at USIM Nilai Campus, Bursar counter level 2 Chancellery Building.
4. Can I defer my registration?
- It is possible to defer your registration not more than 1 semester. If you do not register after 1 semester of deferment, the offer letter is considered void and null and you are required to re-apply if you are still interested to further studies.
5. I have problems in filling up the application. What should I do?
6. Is it necessary to have English and Arabic Language requirements for admission?
- English Language is the requirements for admission. You are required to show evidence of English Certificates (MUET, Band 3 and above, IELTS Band 5.0 and above, TOEFL PBT at least 510, CBT at least 180 and IBT at least 64).
- Arabic Language is the requirements for a part of graduation. If you do not have background in the Arabic Language, you can sit for UBA8012 and 8022 courses (Arabic Communication I & I) .
7. Who can be my Guarantor & Academic Referees?
- You need to upload your Guarantor & Academic Referees form in the system. Your guarantor shall be your family members (Mother/Father/Husband/Wife/Brother/Sister etc). For financial evidence; you are required to upload the statement of bank account of your guarantor, who shall have minimum amount of MYR 21,000 (International Candidates).
- Academic referees form must be filled by the academician who have past relation with your studies.
8. I am applying for research mode of study. How to write my research proposal?
- The research proposal should contain between 1,000-1,500 words for Master and 1,500-2,000 words for PhD or approximately four (4) pages. It must contain Field of Research, Topic of Research Proposal, Background of study or a brief literature review on the research topic, Objective of Study; Methodology of study.
9. I am a working adult. What time usually the classes start for (Coursework, Mixed Mode, & Advanced Diploma)?
- The classes start usually after working hours, between 5 pm – 9 pm. It depends on the faculty or lecturer to decide the schedule.
10. What are Letter of Notification Offer and Offered Subject to VDR?
- If you are an International student, you are likely to get this type of offer because it is compulsory for international Student to get Visa Approval from the Immigration of Malaysia before CGS can grant you with Letter of Offer.
11. How to apply for VDR (Visa with Reference)?
- The Center for graduate study requires complete documents and processing fee to apply for your VDR. The estimated time to receive your VDR approval Letter is within 2 months.
12. Can I suggest my preferred supervisors?
- The faculty will choose your supervisors based on your research proposal and field of your study within the university. You may change the supervisor after your enrollment.
13. How many times student is allowed a conversion of candidature from full-time to part-time and vice-versa?
- The Conversion of status is allowed only once during the candidature period.