FINANCIAL ASSISTANT APPLICATION / CLAIM FOR REIMBURSEMENT – FOR CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE / PUBLICATION / WORKSHOP / COURSES / ACADEMIC VISIT
WHAT IS THIS?
This Financing Scheme is introduced to assist USIM graduates to carry out research / study-related programs and to achieve the output and impact of research and quality as targeted by USIM from a postgraduate student. This scheme is intended to assist the development of student throughout his study tenure as well as to fulfill the graduation requirements as set out in the USIM (Graduate Studies) Regulations.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO?
- Application must be made through the Application Form which can be obtained from the official website of CGS. Please download form via the link provided : DOWNLOAD FORM
- Each application must be accompanied by supporting documents as specified in the application form.
- The application form must be complete and signed by the applicant.
- Application form must be accompanied by verification from Supervisor.
- Applications must be accompanied by specific approvals as specified in the application form (for the category of publication or foreign visit).
- The completed application must be submitted to the Centre for Graduate Studies at most 30 DAYS after the date of the programme.
- Incomplete (unsigned, unverified, or not accompanied by valid documents) or unqualified application will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant.
- Please ensure that your status of study is REGISTERED
- Please ensure that you are eligible for this scheme. Please download scheme guideline to check for your eligibility.
- Please ensure that the activities you participated in, are as listed below:
|Category A||Conference include activities such as conferences, seminars, symposiums, congresses, colloquium and research-related forums, either organised locally or internationally. Graduate students are urged to participate in conferences as oral speakers, invited speakers, forum panels and panel chairmen.|
|Category B||Publications include all printed documents containing articles or essays that have the value of news, information and knowledge. Publications can be divided into research journal articles, case reports research, research proceedings and research books and proofreading. Graduate students are encouraged to publish any type of publications dedicated to their research.|
|Category C||Academic Workshop / Short Course includes specific programmes organised with the aim of assisting the development of graduate students, either organised locally or internationally. Graduate students are encouraged to participate in programs that are directly related to the specialisation of their research.|
|Category D||Academic visits include local or international visits aimed at assisting the development of graduate students and meeting other graduation requirements. Among the listed academic visits are industrial visits, as well as international visits to attend conferences / workshops / courses.|